Blissfully reminding You of Christ

New Beginnings: Courtesy of www.pumpkincarvingstencil2017.com

Search USKoinonia

You are not up to 22

Ihuoma Chidire | Tuesday 11 October 2016 | |
He had said, the Daddy,
"You, you're not up to 22 now, are you up to 22?"

What the..., I lost the steam fast. He's probably the umpteenth person who has come close up enough to tell me I looked this young. Na dem sabi.

Recall on Nwipa's Mama's wedding day, her Chairman had thought me older. Older?! Than someone 3 BLOWN years my senior? I was crestfallen, why would they do that to me nah?! Eh?! And all she had said in comfort was, "...cos you look matured." Now this?!

It's always 22 for these ones, always. See I'm old now, quite old it scares me to think about it these days even, so when I'm told I'm 22, I feel MOCKED, very MOCKED. Forget the complexion and face, just tell me you think I'm older than I look, that ain't wonderful in itself, but JUST FAIR can do.

In this times of CHANGE, we gat to face the truth as it stares us upfront, we're all getting older and no wrong assertions can salvage the times we've used up. Staying over past days would only keep good memories fresh, maybe, but what we all need is ACTION in the present future, ACT!

Don't sit there and dream of a beautiful home with Folake, go propose to Folake!
To slouch on that office couch and wish you had a corporate retainer-ship like oga senior?! work HARD Esq, Harder even, t'will pay, I know!

You look at your Change President and just know you'ud deliver better if you were in the seat, NO dear, your integrity was smeared almost a century ago, you're corrupt, VERY, rebuild your integrity! REBuild dear, don't just know, REBUILD!

We can all be our dreams, would tell you that gist real soon, but what we need now is WORK, EFFORT, I think EFFORT is the word.

So then, in getting uncomfortable, get dreams, in getting dreams add EFFORTS, add EFFORTS to your dreams, for that's when they'ud be called FULFILLED, your DREAMS.

(Now to our dear Nwipa that's now an earthling, Abole? We love you plenry sweets, grow in JESUS).

To my sweet 22s, I ain't struggling that age loves, I'm adding EFFORTS to my dreams instead, bera take the hint.

  • 🙌 ...You read to the end!!!... 🙌 Don't forget to Respond and Share.👇👇👇
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Do respond. We love to hear from you anytime...