Blissfully reminding You of Christ

New Beginnings: Courtesy of www.pumpkincarvingstencil2017.com

Search USKoinonia

Your appearance speaks volumes

Ihuoma Chidire | Sunday 16 October 2016 | |
Personally, I also knew I didn't like being in any of their just-loading buses, I mean, waiting for other passengers was such a patience-trying-lull. 

When I came initially, the emptiness of the bus didn't give me a second feel, but when after nearly 30 minutes I was still the last person, my frown tightened and believe me, I eyed the elderly-daddy-tout who gave me the you-owe-me-baggage-money reminder look. 

"come and collect money na!!!", my defiance stare must have screamed back.
See transfer of agression o?

His brown, cigar, all-join stained, one-tooth-less dentition just stayed flashing, very oblivious of my eyeing him.

I prayed eh! Normally, I ask God to send passengers for us anytime I have to make my Ishiagu-home journey and today, kabashing saw wonders. 

I askeddd God for 11 passengers, I pleadeddd with God, I commandeddd them to come forth, I releaseddd them from Enugu afternoon trafic, I puttt extra speed in their buses and/or cabs, I even gaveee them money for drop to come forth (hope they got dah one sef).
I just wanted to be home before dusk. 

Four soon joined us and I religiously thanked God for the ones He just sent. Then I edited my prayer, I asked for more than the number left, so we could pick the ones we needed to complete the dead bus, then MOVE!

I returned from where I went to make an inquiry and we were still only seven, I wasn't so desperate o, I just didn't wonna stay abi feel stucked for so long. So I revisited my prayer, I was sure this time I droveee the bus down to the park. 

Soon after I 'droped' them, I saw them. Some suspiciously, terribly looking, ex-convictly clad umu-small-boys strode to our bus. Prayer finish for my mouth!!! 

I told God not to bother Himself too much na, He should just allow those 'eleven' I asked for to come when they were ready, after all, I didn't have any demanding obligation at home.

Too late, they entered the bus! Nna, I didn't know I could decern in the spirit. For all it was worth, I was convinced robbers had entered our bus! 

Omo, I'ud travel tommorrow, Ishiagu is not by force! 

For where?! I was at the extreme left of the last sit and two of them plus one other boy joined me there. I had to restrain myself from preaching in the bus to show them that 'God was in this bus o' whatever their robbery plans. 

When we were finally stopped by one mopol man who strangely but wisely wanted to search our bus (abi 'search our boys') I imaginatively put a shotgun in the the knapsack of one of them. I so willed something dangerous be found in their possession that when nothing was found I was too dissapointed to want to continue the journey. 

After we moved off again, they said they were musicians. 
"Who now asked you?! Aba boys!" I maliciously said to myself, gbedu them scaring us like that. RUBBISH!!!! (forgive my use of the word pls, that's how it felt)

For bushmeat's sake, what has dreadlock and earings and jewelries got to do with this males and music? Na the look the sing abi the voice? 

Biko, which kyn ex-con look dis one be?! If God had honoured my fear-wishes eh? Those boys would be in one Nigerian prison now, swearing to their ringed-ears they are musicians!

I leave this lesson that revebrated in my mind throughtout yesterday, YOUR APPEARANCE SPEAKS VOLUMES ABOUT YOUR PERSONALITY!
In the world of "sane and responsible", we hear volumes when we see you!!!

God help us all!!!

  • 🙌 ...You read to the end!!!... 🙌 Don't forget to Respond and Share.👇👇👇
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Do respond. We love to hear from you anytime...